Sunday, May 8, 2011

365 Days Ago

One year ago today I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. I had taken one 2 days earlier and it was negative so I was sure this one would be. I left the bathroom and I came back in and just about threw it away when I saw a faint line on there. I looked up everything online and it said no matter how faint it is, if there is a line then you are pregnant. I was ecstatic.
I found out early on a Saturday morning before work. I asked Shawn to come in the bedroom and we sat on the bed. I made small talk before I blurted out I think I'm pregnant. Shawn was SO excited and shocked. We decided that after work I would take another one just to make sure. I had a big job interview that day to be a potter and the positive test made me a little on edge. Luckily I got the job. : )
After work, another test, another positive result. Now it was time to tell everybody! We got my parents on skype and they just figured I was going to tell them about my interview. We talked about work for 10 minutes and then I told my mom I had an early mothers day present. I was shaking like a leaf when we told them. My mom said "Are you serious? Brittany, are you joking??" If I hadn't seen my mom moving then I would have thought the screen was frozen looking at my dad. He hadn't moved an inch.haha He said he was confused because my mom was being so loud. haha Once the initial shock was over they were so excited and then we told everyone else. Next we told Shawn's parents, they were very excited and I thought they might be a little more shocked. Maybe they were and didn't show it. haha

This year has gone so fast and has been so great. I'm so happy I have a little girl to show for it. God has been so so so amazing and still is. :) He has given us a healthy perfect little girl and we trust him with every part of our lives.




 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Happy Mother's Day, dear friend!

Britt Watt said...

Thanks Canda-Mae