Monday, May 24, 2010

Ultrasound Day

Ok, so I had my ultrasound today. I could probably write a funny story about it but I'm way to pooped. This morning I woke up feeling more nauseous than ever. Ick! I laid on the bathroom floor and tried my best to eat. After a couple hours it went away and I took a shower which helped.

With the nausea gone, I went to Silver Dollar City to try on new clothes for my new job as a potter. Just jeans and a blouse really, but I'm excited about it.

Shawn and I left SDC and made our way to the doctor. I had to drink 32 ounces of water in an hour which I can normally do just fine, as you all probably know. But I was so sick to my stomach and nervous that it was hard. We went into room 404 and it was the nicest looking doctors office I have ever seen. Shawn and I both said we wished we could have stayed in the lobby longer. : )

So they called us back and she had me lay down on this bed. She squirted the ultrasound jelly on my belly which was surprisingly warm and then she turned the lights out to look. She said everything looked good. I have a cyst the size of a golf ball on my left ovary but don't worry, it's a good cyst. It produces hormones and stuff and the doc said she would have been worried had it not been there. After that she let me go to the bathroom and relieve myself. I had a vaginal ultrasound next (yes, it's as uncomfortable as it sounds) She said that the baby was only 4 weeks along. I was like, "WHAT!?"

Side note-the heart starts beating at exactly 6 weeks so even if you're a day less then you won't see it.

Good news, the yolk sac is in my uterus. Bad news I'm actually 5 weeks 5 days preg today. 3 days less than I thought. I wish they would have scheduled the appointment just a couple days later. Bummer.

Then I had to work the rest of the day and that brings me here, tired and kinda sad. I know it's a minor minor letdown but I think i'm just drained and I'm overreacting.
 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

1 comment:

Megan Erin Allen said...

Sorry sis. But it's always nice to get a reminder that you really are still pregnant even if we couldn't hear the little heart beat.
When's your next appt?